At Mt Helena Vet Clinic (MHVC) we are taking measures to protect you and our team. We will continue to provide our regular services to your pets, for the foreseeable future. In order to do this we ask for your patience and cooperation moving forward. Please read the following email in detail.
If you have recently returned from overseas travel the Australian government requires you to self-isolate for 14 days. If your pet becomes sick during this time, please phone us on (08) 9572 1777 for advice, please do not leave your home.
MHVC – Business as usual!
MHVC is open as usual although this will of course include the upcoming Easter period public holidays. We look forward to seeing your pets in the near future for routine care, surgery or emergency consultation. Our team encourages you to visit us for veterinary care and pet food or pet care products, as normal. We hope that following the guidelines for Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection control will not cause interruption or inconvenience to the care we give your pets.
COVID-19 Risk Control at MHVC
If you have chosen to socially distance yourself –
· On arrival at MHVC if you wish to socially distance yourself you can check your pet in by phone.
· Please phone reception on (08) 9572 1777 and ask to check in and remain in your car.
· A member of our team will come to your vehicle and bring you in when the vet is ready to see you.
· If your pet’s condition worsens during your waiting time or you think you may need urgent attention, please come inside or phone reception on (08) 9572 1777 for emergency care.
For those of you that are in self isolation or currently unwell –
· If you fit the criteria for self-isolation please have a friend or family member bring the pet to us.
· If you are unwell please have a friend or family member bring the pet to us.
· Please practice excellent hand hygiene and avoid touching members of our team.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and guidelines for Australians in relation to Covid-19 will be updated regularly. Please work with us during this time to ensure your pets get the care they need.
At present the COVID-19 virus has not materially impacted the supply of any of our products, prescription foods or medications and we are confident our high service levels will be maintained. This being said, if required, we would advise that you are stocked with at least two weeks worth of medication. Please call us if you need more, so we can arrange this for you.
Should this situation change and our supply become materially impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak we will communicate this via electronic email and social media mediums for example – facebook.
To minimise the risk of transmission, if possible, please limit the number of people coming in with a pet (or pets) and we encourage minimal person to person contact.
Please ensure that your contact details are up to date and, if you haven’t already done so, provide your postal and email address and mobile phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you updates electronically.
We have also had some queries about pets and COVID-19 we would like to address:
- The primary source of transmission of COVID-19 remains human-to-human contact, which is why hand washing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick.
- Cats and dogs do have their own form of coronavirus, but it cannot be transmitted to humans.
- As always you should wash your hands before and after handling your pets or their food.
Should you require any additional information please contact us on 9572 1777.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support during this uncertain time.
We hope you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy.
Tanya and Michael Bennett and the MHVC Team